Today I got the prescription to have my second laparoscopy.
I already signed the papers and it will be held at a different hospital then the last time with a new surgeon.
No matter how hard it was to convince the doctor, I finally managed too.
However, I know there is a reason behind why she was hesitant on doing the surgery.
The first surgery failed. Surgery is not a treatment option. It is a diagnostic option. If Endo is present we have to find alternate means to figure out how to control it after. Lot’s of complications can arise. Even if Endo does not show, it does not mean it is not hidden somewhere. If the surgery fixes it, it may be temporary. There are a lot of things to consider and one has to be 100% sure it will work out.
When I spoke with her today, she explained what happened in the past with the other surgeon. The fact it was a failed entry and my body reacted to it.
With her aware of it, she knows how to go around it to make sure it does not happen again. And with that being said it will come on the side of the stomach and not through the belly button.
The surgery date is not scheduled. But it will be for fall 2017.
Aka, during my competition year. But at this point. Health comes first.
I am relieved this is finally being settled and can’t wait to find out what the future will bring.
More updates to come.